Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Watch This: Treme

As I have only been awake for about three hours today, I have been smacked in the face at least two times with a reference for Treme, a new dramatic series on HBO based upon the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.
It was mentioned in my American Music class, mostly based upon the music (duh) references within the episodes. New Orleans is VERY well-known for its own genre of Southern Jazz and Blues, creating a birthplace for many of today's talented musicians. Anyone interested in this kind of music, or just a fan of good music in general, should watch this.
ALSO: while reading one of the blogs I follow: NoControl (check it out, y'alls), about ten minutes later after my class discussed the show... there it is again. Treme shows up within an entry, going over a recap of last night's show, with it being described as "gripping" and... "funny?"

Basically, I have to check it out. It looks amazing and I invite everyone to grow into the show with me. Maybe a new summer show? I always turn to HBO for my summer view-age (Entourage anyone?)

Check out the trailer. It is beautifully filmed and I am super excited about it. ALSO: JOHN GOODMAN HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment