Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

CONAN O'BRIEN

OK. bignews.
Conan O'Brien has just announced that he is beginning his run, once again, as a late night talk show host at 11 p.m. on TBS.
This is HUGE because:
1. most people were speculating that he was going to sign a deal with Fox, who obviously did not think he would have been profitable enough... idiots.
2. TBS= cable. There is no determined audience because not everyone has access to cable television (shock).
3. 11 p.m. puts him more in competition with Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert instead of Leno and Letterman- considering Stewart, Colbert, and Conan are all good friends and they share a relatively similar audience, I wonder how this will all pan out.

Personally, I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, he's becoming George Lopez' lead-in, which is ridiculous. Love Lopez, but, compared to Conan.... he's nothing. Plus, TBS? really? A network filled with reruns and Tyler Perry shows? C'mon coco you can do betterrrrr
Now I have to choose between Daily Show, Family Guy, AND Conan. Of course, my choice will always be cone-sy, but still, its a hard choice to make.
I guess we'll see how this goes, I'm hoping he really makes the comeback of a lifetime- he deserves it.
In the meantime, check out one of my favorite finds on youtube, a behind the scenes look at the weird short story arch of Stewart, Colbert, and Conan all wanting to kill eachother... i forget the details. This is a behind the scenes look of the final battle sequence. Comedy gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment