Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Cougartown

So what does everyone think of Cougartown? I love it, but its one of the few times I am really unaware of audience reaction towards it. I don't think critics are SCREAMING about it- but for the most part, I don't see how people could hate it. With a blend of Bill Lawrence's Scrubs-humor influence and Courtney Cox's genius comedic timing to the character Jules, is a show I can best describe as cute and light-hearted.
Of course, Christa Miller-Lawrence (Bill's wife) is cast as Jules' best friend Ellie, a very similar character to the one she plays on Scrubs. At first, you have to groan at another example of a producer-director casting his wife into a significant role, but, who I can best compare to Helena Bonham Carter, she seems to make every part work and live up to any expectation.
The rest of the cast is just great. The chemistry between the actors is what really brings the show together. I haven't heard of most of them except for Busy Phillips, easily one of my favorite characters as Laurie, from Freaks and Geeks and Dawson's Creek fame. Dan Byrd plays 17 year old Travis, another great who I didn't recognize until I revisited the CLASS Cinderella Story staring Hillary Duff. HA. great find there.
Rounding off the cast are the very sexxy Brian Van Holt as Bobby Cobb, Josh Hopkins as Grayson, and the very very funny Ian Gomez as Andy.
I'm excited to see where this show goes. I hope Bill Lawrence doesn't ruin the possible Jules/Grayson relationship too early. Also: doesn't Ellie have a baby? where did that storyline go? AND: Many many more Friends reunions:

I hope my later life is structured like Jules'. Its hilarious and fun. My only complaint? No self-respecting mother would have the kind of relationship Jules has with her son. Its borderline creepy and weird. Its a great show, nothing too deep but really fun to watch- and I'm rooting for Courtney Cox's comeback. SCREW A FRIENDS CURSE. Lets have success!

cougar_town.jpg

ngepress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment