Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Glee vs. American Idol

So last night caused quite a bit of chaos, for all those silly enough to choose Glee and/or American Idol over Lost- many fans of Glee noticed how the last three minutes of the show were cut off in order to make room for News, ONLY because American Idol ran too long.

So lets get this straight- FOX made a sacrifice of cutting a somewhat decent show off in order to accommodate for a HORRENDOUS show?
Whats the deal with American Idol ruining television? I hate that show ever since it kicked off Chris Daughtry in the 5th season. The jokes, the singers, the host (especially the host), and the judges are all old, and I can't deal with it anymore. American Idol has been described as a juggernaut- but how? Why do these types of shows become so popular. Its getting to a point where the minority on the show is people who actually have decent careers afterwards, so its obviously not doing its job.

But anyway, it seems as though this season might signify the beginning of the end. I haven't been watching, but all I hear is that there are only TWO (out of seven, currently) good people on that show: Big Mike and Crystal Bowersox (I haven't checked that... the mom who doesn't wear shoes). How did everyone on that show become a Sanjaya?
I've been wanting to rant about American idol, it was time

But don't get me wrong- even though as a former drama student and singer myself, I should love Glee... but I really don't. Maybe it's the cheese factor, or maybe its the fact that I am expected to follow this formula of loving the show, maybe because the plotline is so old, but I am honestly just unhappy with how that show has taken off.
But it brings into question how a specific show can just control a network. Why did FOX believe American Idol could run long, and destroy the final moments of the long awaited "Madonna Episode" (groan). Its interesting to see how fans will react, but in the meantime, thanks to Perez Hilton, here's the last song of Glee, hilariously my favorite Madonna song, Like a Prayer, enjoy you Gleeks


No comments:

Post a Comment