Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shows I should be watching

Show I should be watching: How I Met Your Mother

Why am I not watching: Because I'm an idiot? I don't really know why to be honest. I might have been watching something else around the 8:30 monday night time slot, then it just got to a point where I didn't think I'd be able to catch up with it.
Honestly, my story with HIMYM is a weird one, I did end up watching the first season when it premiered, but as I did with the Office, I initially hated it. I didn't think it was that funny, it hadn't grown into its own yet, I kind of gave up on it, thinking it was going to die.

Why I should be watching: CAST. What an amazing cast. Neil Patrick Harris revamps his career as Barney, one of the swarmiest characters ever on television, but totally proves his comedic chops. Alyson Hannigan, from Buffy fame, plays Lily who has been dating Marshall, Jason Segel, for nine years when the show begins.
Narrated by the one and only Bob Saget (WHAT), the show is set in the past tense, as Ted, played by Josh Radnor, is telling his children how (wait for it) he met their mother. The essential theme of the show is for the viewer to wait patiently until the writers decide how many years they can keep the scheme of not knowing who the mother is going.

I haven't read too much into the show, but I'm thinking there is a lot more going on than we know, and I believe that its a lot smarter than it appears. Also, I'm pretty sure there was a musical episode? And we all know that any good show has at least one musical episode.

I think I am going to start watching it soon, because I'm running out of shows to watch on Hulu, but I'm thinking this is one show I need to watch from the beginning, and I can't get out of doing like, like I've been doing with Modern Family.

Found a musical number! What a way for NPH to show off his musical/comedic talents. Who knew Doogie was this good?

No comments:

Post a Comment