Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cougartown: mother gone too far?

OK. I mean, lets discuss Jules' relationship with her son Travis, shall we? While I LOVED last nights episode of Cougartown, I couldn't help but think that even though the dynamic between Jules and her seventeen year old son was the butt of many jokes, it was getting a little too uncomfortable... even for me. I mean, sucking on her shirt in the spot where Travis cried a single tear in order to preserve it's goodness? Disgusting... and weird.

I'm nervous about the direction the show is going, though. Last night hinted towards a definite Grayson/ Jules hookup within the near future- but its only the first season. Even Jim and Pam didn't hook up until the end of season 2, and didn't even officially get TOGETHER until season 4. So why are the writers rushing a relationship that has the potential for a ongoing storyline? I'm afraid this show will suffer the same fate as The OC and Scrubs, where its storyline goes so quickly they run out of ideas and the whole thing just starts turning into crap.

However, no one is more excited that me to see Sheryl Crow leave. I really hope that the exit was permanent, because is it just me, or is she the worst actor of all time?
ALSO: I'm glad that the show is really getting into character development. I know it sounds stupid, but when they repeated the Andy joke about his "question bombs," to me, it was not only funny, but getting the viewers to understand a little more about Andy, and how that joke was not a one time deal, but rather, a part of his character. Way to go, Bill Lawrence.

sheryl-crow-on-cougar-town.jpg

fun while it lasted, Sheryl


googleimages

No comments:

Post a Comment