Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Jerry Jerry Jerry!




SO. Why wasn't I blogging this summer? Because I was too busy being a hotshot working for the Jerry Springer and Steve Wilkos Show. The experience was very interesting to say the least. I got to work VERY closely with many of the guests, and got some GREAT life stories.
My favorite definitely have to be this one quite feisty woman who was SUPER skinny and SUPER blonde but had SUPER wrinkles and talked about how she just up and left for california and stayed there by herself for a month. "I like bein' all by myself sometimes," she said in a thick southern accent.
she then proceeded to go on stage and kick the shit out of another girl. hilarious.

But I have to say my favorite part of working on the show is everyone who I worked with. Very nice, very intelligent and VERY hardworking people who were nothing but extremely nice to me, the poor intern.
While the show was still filming in Chicago, Vh1 aired a short lived series about what it was like to work for the Springer Show, and I have to say, its quite an accurate depiction. The funny thing is, I watched this show when I was younger, and WHO KNEW that I would actually do it.
BUT WATCH THIS. Its called, The Springer Hustle.




For the record: Jerry Springer and Steve Wilkos are the nicest guys ever.
FUN FACT: I got Rachelle lunch frequently, and saw Selina a lot, who I recognized from the show which was cool.

ALSO. If you haven't check out Steve Wilkos yet, you really should. He does a lot of really intense, controversial topics which come from true stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment