Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Favorites of the Week

SO. the first week of premieres has passed as this new week brings wonderment and hope of something great. Wowsers. Here is some of my favorites of this past week in tv:

Favorite SNL monologue :



I'm sorry but I thought this was hilarious. I'm never a HUGE fan of SNL, maybe its because I haven't been able to get passed the fact that we aren't still living in the 1990s and the best and brightest (in my opinion) are long gone.
BUT: "Rachel!" "Poehler Bear!" "Dratch bear!" "No! POLAR bear!" Hilarious.
And even though I never seem to find Jimmy Fallon THAT funny (what a giggle-bitch), he somehow seems to get it together with Tina Fey to really produce comedy magic. What a great way to start the season, lets hope for big things

Favorite cold open:


omg. How could you NOT love this? I'm aware that it caused some debate, due to the fact that even though The Office goes through plenty of unrealistic situations, it does as much as it can to keep within the realism of an office setting. I mean, could an office really be able to pull off a lip dub? In this fashion?
I say, fuck yes. When Dunder Mifflin is a company in a world when its regional manager Michael Scott's contribution to a lip dub is intense magic tricks... then yes. Anythings possible.


Favorite self deprecating joke:


Yes, Cougartown. You are STILL Cougartown, you didn't change your name LIKE YOU SHOULD HAVE and have completely squashed all potential to breathe legitimate life into your show. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show and no matter what ANYONE (I'm looking at you, Perez Hilton) says, I loved Jennifer Aniston as Jules' cooky therapist.
However, as the season premiere came and went, apparently to low ratings, I'm nervous to see where the direction of the show is going to go. It seems to move so quickly, that it might just pull an OC, and just implode on its own storyline. I'm excited to see where it goes.

Favorite season premiere:

Modern Family.

Wow. I haven't laughed so hard all summer. Claire and Phil and the kids in the old station wagon just killed me. What a great way to prove your Emmy for best comedy. I'm obsessed with this show and can't wait to see it progress into an amazing series. congrats guys, you deserve it.



Other than that, on a ranting note, I just realized that I missed Dexter, Mad Men, Family Guy, AND American Dad. I think I had an aneurysm just from thinking about everything I have to catch up on. So, I will try my hardest but with my busy schedule that might be difficult.
Wish me luck as I melt my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment