Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Why Not??

http://www.bryanreesman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/infphoto_936674_courtney_cox_busy_philips_cougar_town.jpg


What's going on with one of my new favorite shows from last season??

Cougartown apparently isn't doing too well. Only time will tell if the new DIVORCE (what?!) drama will bring any attention to the show.
But APPARENTLY, according to my random tv source Perez Hilton: ratings are down, WAY down.
From last week, ratings were way down to 7.2 million viewers with their target audience, adults 18-49.

Of course that's what Perez says

I mean, is it doing THAT poorly? I was researching ratings numbers for Modern Family, and found an article featuring Cougartown's ratings in January around last year. It grew 10 percent in viewers jumping to number two for adults 18 to 49, getting a 3.1/9 for wednesday night.
For its spring finale Cougar Town received 2.5/7 rating for adults 18-49


For me, its kind of hard to understand the whole concept of ratings. Even though its not doing as well, do we have to count it out already? There's only been four episodes, and its still a fairly new show.

But why would people stop watching? For me, its a fun, consistent, and cutesy show and if you watch enough episodes, you kind of feel like your watching a big inside joke, since they reference so many previous plot points in current episodes.

SIIIGH. Who knows. Normally I'm never wrong about shows that stay around. Well, WATCH TONIGHT. It's good, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment