Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

First post yaaayz

So.
I should be doing my paper for Media Arts. Instead, I will TELL you what I should be writing about:
All in the Family- definitely a defining moment in television history. What was the initial reaction?
You may think, "Oh, people were immediately offended." or "People saw Archie Bunker, what he represented, and from this, society began to change its views on race relations"
prepare to be disappointed...
From my research, people WEREN'T offended. They were, in fact, looking for something new and exciting to watch.
Also, have you ever thought about how it attracted so many people, because those viewers were IN FACT Archie Bunker? Hmmmm?? And they were so pumped to have their poster boy on national television, spewing out hateful comments that they truly believed in??
GO MAN, GO! they thought
its kind of weird, but really, I don't think this show did much for society, but rather, it really just changed what you could put on tv. That's what we truly think about when looking back on the show.
Dang, that's interesting.
So i'm off to start my eight page paper due in two days. You'll see that I am quite the successful procrastinator. Its really really really really (i'm procrastinating) really great.
I'm going to go now, but I am going to start posting videos and photographs and episodes of shows i'm working on for Emerson as a way to get myself out there, because, that's what kids at emerson do I think? ItsgonnabeGREAT

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment