Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mistake Machine

So you know what's a good (NOPE) idea? Deciding to re-watch the beginnings of one of your favorite shows... at 1 AM.

In this gal's specific case, it was Grey's Anatomy season one. It all seems to start when someone you know tries to bring up some sort of irrelevant fact that as a fan, you're suppose to know. You know, "remember in season one when George said that hilarious thing, then Derrick and Meredith did that together...?" Uh, what?

So, I began watching, and honestly, even though I was miserable all day today due to my lack of snooze hours, it was great nostalgia to watch what made me fall in love with a show that I've been following for seven years.

Throughout the revolving door of characters and crazy plot twists, it's hard to remember what we really loved about the beginning of the show: the honest and wonderful characters. When watching the first season, I could not believe I forgot about awkward George, cocky Karev, the ambitious Cristina, Izzie Stevens (before she was obnoxious), and of course Meredith, young and impressionable, trying to find her own through her mother's territory.

And of course, who can forget... this guy:






































Goodness, don't we all remember completely swooning over McDreamy? Something weird happened to me when I saw him for the first time, lying naked on Meredith's floor. Oh, hello 15 year old self! What's that? You miss this? Yeah... me too.

So, do yourself a favor, but maybe avoid my mistake by doing this on the eve of an early morning, and watch season one of your favorite show. It's a great way to reconnect with the early days before the inevitable downfall and jumping of any sharks. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment