Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Meets my Face


Well, of course, that is the dumbest title I could come up with. But c'mon, who isn't psyched about the Boy Meets World sequel aptly titled, Girl Meets World, a continuation of the life of Cory and Topanga (did anyone actually know how to spell her name when they were younger?) and the introduction of their teenage daughter! Oh, the hijinks!

Gosh, don't you just love it when television execs. actually get it. THANK YOU Disney, for realizing that this is something the people need! Especially in these crazy times. As a '90s child that has slowly been adjusting to the harsh, cruel world, I don't know how many times I've wished that a Mr. Feeny would move next door to me to help me sort through all of my life issues.

However, don't expect to be watching these high school sweethearts anytime soon (talk about beating the odds, 'eh?), as the television series is still in early developmental stages. Apparently, the search is still on for the young actress to play Cory and Topanga's 13-year-old daughter, which leads me to wonder, I look thirteen, right? Who wouldn't want to play pretend in the most incredible imaginary world possible: as one who is being raised by freakin' Cory and Topanga?!

I still have many unanswered questions. What the hell ever happened to Shawn? Thirteen years later, has Eric officially lost his mind? Are Cory's parents still together? Will we see the return of Mr. Freakin' Feeny?

So I guess we'll have to wait and see what the new show brings. A lot of anxiety comes with watching and evaluating a new take on an old favorite. But if Michael Jacobs knows anything, it's how to tap into the hearts and minds of confused, awkward, and ambitious teens everywhere.

Now let us all sing, "When this boy meets wooorrrrlllddddddd...."

No comments:

Post a Comment